YURTEL ARE RECRUITING FOR 2017!
Yurtel are the premium suppliers of event accommodation in the UK. We operate at some of the UK’s best known, entertaining and inspiring festivals in addition to supplying accommodation for top tier private and corporate clients.
At our main camps we not only provide both luxury accommodation but also first rate food offerings, bar/chill out areas, reception service, spa and cinema tent for the little ones. So we’re looking for people with experience in customer service and love of hard work in the great outdoors!
We’ve got various roles available throughout 2017; from skilled build crew members to housekeeping, Front of House staff, bartenders and drivers. These roles can cross over as we’re one big helpful team at Yurtel, so only apply if you’re willing to get stuck in!
Our build crew are responsible for constructing our luxury Suites, Yurts and Bell Tents. As part of the build crew you will be first in the field and in allocated teams; build and then breakdown the camp. It’s a physical role based in the beautiful British outdoors, so applicants must be resilient (to the weather!), hardworking and and have boundless initiative and enthusiasm. We supply an initial training in all our structure types and equipment, with ongoing support. The role will include:
- Loading/unloading vans
- Building temporary canvas accommodation
- Building beds and furnishings, finishing to Yurtel standard
- Maintaining equipment
- Camping in field (long stays away from home)
Being a part of the housekeeping team you will be some of the first on site. It’s quite a physical few days and you’ll learn a lot about our structures and how to build an in-field event from the ground up. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- organising linen
- blowing up and distributing air beds
- making beds (with duvets, pillows and linen)
- dressing the structures (with flowers, towels and goody bags)
- help to set up the reception tent and the restaurant tent.
At full hospitality events we will offer 5* table service for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We will do upwards of 500 people a day and offer a full a la carte menu through to the evening. Servers should be comfortable with the following duties:
- using till systems
- handling PDQ and cash payments
- liaising with kitchen and bar
- prep work for service
100% customer facing, this is the main point of contact for guests and is therefore an integral part the Yurtel experience. Receptionists will be full of knowledge of the field, the festival and any other information our guests may need whilst being up-beat, smiling and always willing to help. Responsibilities can include:
- checking over 600 guests in/out (hotel ‘Yurtel’ style)
- advising guests on transport, event attractions and dealing with any issues
- tent maintenance record
- reception logs, request books, lost/found
Porters and drivers will be the first Yurtelites our guests will meet, we need you to be super personable and chatty, able to drive a car/buggy or strong enough to carry some luggage. Depending on the role you’ll need the following:
- drivers must have a full valid UK driving license
- both will need customer service experience and/or a love of people!
We are looking for professional and charismatic bartenders to work with us throughout the year at events and private parties. Our bars are beautifully curated with the finest booze available; we are therefore looking for talented people help make the bar the heart of the camp for our guests. Responsibilities can include, but are not limited to:
- Running the boutique camp bar for up to 600 guests
- Creating bespoke cocktail menus
- Stock take in and out
- Bar build and break down
- Handling PDQ and cash sales
So if you're up for a summer of camping, love the idea of a challenge and see yourself in any of the above roles. Pop your CV in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your availability.
Fancy a chat? Give us a call on 01225 290120.
See you in the field!